Job Hunt Quick Start (JHQS) Reading Week 2017 Bootcamp
Making plans for your college / university reading week? How about boosting your job hunt skills to get your dream summer internship, or full-time job?
Date: February 21, 2017 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Ryerson University – Ted Rogers School of Management (Yonge & Dundas)
** With the generous sponsorship from Ryerson’s Ted Rogers School of Management, this workshop will be offered FREE to Ryerson University students. If you are studying at Ryerson, message us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the discount code! **
Join us for a 1-day bootcamp to up your job hunt game!
This bootcamp is for you if…
- You are looking for summer internships
- You are graduating soon, and looking for full-time jobs
- You have applied to many jobs, with little response…
- You are looking for practical advice and hands-on approach to learning
- You are looking for ways to stand out amongst the crowd
- You are looking to get hired faster!
From this 1-day bootcamp, you will…
- Get a complete guide to launch an effective job hunt journey!
- Learn from industry professionals, who had been in your shoes, and had been on both sides of the fence to share their years of experience with you!
- Understand the recruiters’ mindset!
- Learn how to make your resume stand out with our proven FIRM (Focus Inspired Resume Model)
- Learn how to tailor your job applications and write a kick-ass cover letter
- Put your learning into practice and get instant feedback on your new resume and cover letter content
- Learn and practise interview skills
- Learn how to network properly and Build Meaningful Connections!
Learn straight from your dream Career Catalyst team
- Former Senior Manager 12+ years at major Management Consulting firm
- Practice area lead for 20-25 people, several million $ projects/accounts, recognized global subject matter expert, worked with a diverse range of clients across numerous industries
- Former National Undergrad Recruiting Lead for the Technology Consulting practice:
- Directly responsible for hiring hundreds of students
- Managed end to end process to screen thousands of resumes and interviews
- Coached hundreds of practitioners colleagues (formally and informally), and highly regarded as a coach that adds value, provides actionable guidance and cares
- Super powers: catalyzing people’s careers
- Graduated Co-op Computer Science at UTSC
- 6+ years of industry experience, ranging from hands on technical to strategy, and currently helping businesses tell their humanized brand story
- Worked in over a dozen roles from McDonald’s staff member to consultant to industry executives
- Worked across various industries including public sector / government, healthcare, HR / human capital, and devices
- Super powers: discovering “the missing page” from your resume and navigating the intersection between faith and work
- Joint Major in Computer Science and Business at Simon Fraser University
- 6+ years of industry experience, ranging from scientific research, legal (intellectual properties),
business, project management, and Management Consulting
- Broad industry experience including academia, energy, banking and financial services, insurance, law, technology, retail and consumer business
- Besides her day job, she was also actively involved in recruiting processes; having screened and interviewed numerous new grad and experienced hires at different companies
- Super powers: turning “meh” resumes into “wow” resumes, laser eyes for details (inconsistent formatting on resumes? You won’t pass Eva’s “laser scanner”!), analyzing the “battleground” (i.e. understanding what different employers and recruiters look for)
- Graduated from Nanotechnology Engineering (co-op) at University of Waterloo
What people are saying…
“… and I thought I had a good resume… until I learned the FIRM way. Now I am getting interviews!”
“I would have never gotten as far without Focus Inspired, my coach helped me push through from being overwhelmed to being disciplined with my job hunt.”
“I understand the value Focus Inspired provides: helping me stand out and be confident in expanding my network!”
What do I have to bring to / prepared for the bootcamp?
Bring your laptop, along with your current version of resume. We will also be sending you a sample resume template before the bootcamp. You may download it ahead of time.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email Eva at email@example.com, and she will be happy to answer your questions!