Design your own coop experience
Outline for the sessions
- Career journey
- 4 pathways after high school (apprenticeship, college, university & workplace)
- Mindset, strengths & passion
- Homework (life events, self-assessment & career test)
- Determine 2-3 career roles to explore
- What does networking mean to you?
- Prepare for chats with an industry professional
- Homework (prepare for coffee chats, set-up your LinkedIn profile & research career options)
- Discuss findings from the coffee chats
- Discuss plans for further education & funding
- What do employers want?
- How will you define & measure your own success?
- Homework (develop your plan)
Other topics include:
- Develop your resume & cover letter by thinking like a hiring manager
- Prepare for interviews
- Prepare for your first 90 days
- SIWIKE (Stuff I Wish I Knew Earlier)
Click here to view the program information.