Networking Resources – Career Buddy
To inventory your network you should:
- Connect with those closest to your (family friends)
- Connect with colleagues (former coworkers and colleagues from previous jobs/volunteer/etc)
- Connect with acquaintances (whom you’ve met but don’t know very well)
- For those that you haven’t yet met, prioritize potential “warm connections” (someone who you know that knows them) vs cold connections (someone who doesn’t have a common connection)
- Connect with those in the companies that you are interested in (but may have not met
- Connect with those in the role you’re interested in (whether in the company you want or not)
- Connect with those in the industry/domain you’re interested in (whether in the role or company you want)
Here are some curated resources to help you with networking on your job hunt:
Audio (podcasts and other)
In-person and on-line
Shapr Think LinkedIn meets Tinder. Swipe right to connect with someone professionally. Be aware of the MLM (multi-level-marketing) folks.
TenThousandCoffees Their goal is to connect folks for coffee. Better when you are part of a HUB through a school or other organization.
Check your school’s career center or your student association!
Also published on Medium.Follow: